Instantly Boost Your Blog Traffic With These Twitter Tips

According to their own site ( twitter ), Twitter has approximately 316 million user sending out around 500 million tweets per day. With ...

According to their own site (twitter), Twitter has approximately 316 million user sending out around 500 million tweets per day. With all those users and all those tweets, Twitter is a solid tool for sending traffic to your website.

But you can’t sign up for an account and expect people to suddenly start flocking to your site. Driving traffic from Twitter requires some very specific tactics.
Here’s what has been working well for me lately.

UNDERSTANDING AND USING TWITTER ANALYTICS

Anything valuable is worth measuring, and Twitter is no exception.
One of the very first things I did to increase the traffic I was driving from Twitter was to take a deep dive into the analytics behind my Tweets. Fortunately, Twitter offers free analytics, allowing anyone to get a better understanding of exactly what is happening when they Tweet. You can find out how many links your clicks are receiving, how many retweets you’re getting, and the number of impressions each Tweet receives. This is INVALUABLE data.


Using this data, you can analyze your tweets to determine which ones drove the most traffic, which received the most retweets, and which were favorited the most. You can then optimize the when, what, and how you post on Twitter for optimal traffic results.
For example, a recent study of 4.8 million tweets by Buffer found that the morning is the time tweets receive the most engagement. If you want to drive traffic, morning is an optimal time to post.
Other tools like BuzzSumo allow you to see which posts on your website generated the most Twitter shares. This data can then inform future material you create on your website.

This data can then inform future material you create on your website.

BECOME AN INFLUENCER

Recently, I’ve been working really hard to build my reputation as an influencer in the SEO and digital marketing world. I want people to know that they can trust what I say, and I want people to come to me for advice on these topics. I want people to see me as an authority. Not a, “Drop and gimme 20 pushups,” kind of authority, but a, “I really know my stuff,” kind of authority.
What does being an influencer have to do with web traffic? The more people trust what I have to say, the more likely they are to click on a link that I share. If people know that I only share good stuff, they’re more likely to engage with the material I share.

Klout is a free platform that shows you your influencer score.
The first step I took in becoming an influencer was taking a close look at my “Following” to “Followers” ratio. Why? Because when I see someone who is following way more people than they have following them, I suspect that they’re not truly an authority on their subject.
I mean, seriously, can anyone really follow 20,000 people? I can’t. When I see someone following a massive number of people, I suspect that they’re only trying to build their own follower count.

IDENTIFY, TARGET, AND REACH OUT TO INFLUENCERS

Lately I’ve been focusing on reaching out to influential people on Twitter. I want to regularly interact with high-profile SEO and digital marketing people. One of the best ways to do this is to regularly add some value to these influencers. After all, no one turns down free value, right?
And believe it or not, you don’t have to kill yourself to add value to big influencers. There are many ways you can add value without a ton of effort or time, as long as you’re willing to work at it consistently.
I begin by retweeting their content. I’m always aware when someone retweets my stuff, and I really appreciate them helping me expand my reach. And, when I see that someone has retweeted my content, there’s a good chance I’ll follow them back.

Shopify is a good example of an influencer I would reach out to

Shopify is a good example of an influencer I would reach out to
It usually works the same in reverse. If I retweet someone else’s content, there’s a good chance they’ll take notice.
I also find it helpful to link to content that the influencer has produced. You can give a lot of value to an influencer simply by linking to their content from your website or from social media. If you link to them from social media, you can tag them so that they know you’ve linked to them. If you link to them on your website, send the person a short email with the link. There’s a good chance they’ll link to it on Twitter, which then drives significant traffic to your site.

INVEST IN GROWING YOUR ACCOUNT

The final way to drive traffic to your website from Twitter is to invest in growing your Twitter account. Personally, I recommend actually spending some money to grow your Twitter account.
I know that many people don’t like the idea of using money to grow their account, but I’ve found Twitter ads to be incredibly effective and relatively cheap. If you’re really serious about growing your account and driving traffic from Twitter, don’t be afraid to spend a few bucks. The result can be some seriously high quality followers.

INVEST IN GROWING YOUR ACCOUNT

If you’re strapped for cash, the next best thing to do is simply invest the time. Simply talking to and engaging with others is a great way to grow your Twitter account. This doesn’t mean repeatedly blasting out links and retweets. Growing your account requires meaningful engagement with other people.

CONCLUSION

Succeeding with Twitter is part art and part science. It requires time, thought, analysis, and work.
But if you’re willing to work at it, you can drive a significant amount of traffic to your site. Plus, you can become known as an authority who truly knows what he’s talking about, and you can build a quality base of followers.
That’s worth the effort.

You Might Also Like

0 comments